[microformats-discuss] FYI: two posting about the Semantic Web, the "SynWeb", scraping and microformats

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 24 10:49:30 PDT 2005

On 10/24/05 9:43 AM, "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:

> [1] http://dannyayers.com/2005/09/cake.gif

There are just soooooo many things wrong with that diagram that it's hard to
know where to start criticizing.  In fact, not sure it is worth criticizing,
so I'll just point out the only pieces that I think make at least some
amount of practical sense:

* URI (and even then I'm starting to dismiss URNs are mostly academic, thus
leaving only URLs),
* Unicode (I admit, because of my last name I'm biased here)
* XML (a reasonable foundation, even if XML+tidy works better in practice)

The rest are best left to academics IMHO.

Thanks,

Tantek