[microformats-discuss] FYI: two posting about the Semantic Web, the "SynWeb", scraping and microformats

Kevin Marks kmarks at technorati.com
Mon Oct 24 23:37:04 PDT 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Take a train timetable. Would you prefer 1000 human-readable HTML
> pages detailing the journeys, or just a form with fields for start and
> destination, a machine to do the searching for you?

That's actually an interesting and practical question. I ride Caltrain
every day, and what I have bookmarked is not the interactive timetable:

http://transit.511.org/tripplanner/index.asp

But the tabular version here (which does use <th> sensibly):

http://caltrain.com/timetable_effective_10_10_05.html

This could benefit from a microformat markover (using classes instead
of colours;

Of course what I really want is a Tuftesque timeline grid, and if I
could parse the table more easily, I'd code one up.