[uf-discuss] hAtom

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Oct 25 13:48:50 PDT 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Ryan King wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
>
>> (though if
>> recent theoretical discussions don't wind themselves down pretty
>> quickly, or
>> tie into *practical* discussions, I may have to do some list admin-
>> ing).
>
> Speaking of *practical* discussions, has everyone been paying
> attention to all the awesome work David Janes as been doing? David,
> it looks like you're working toward a proposal here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom
>
> ?
>
> -ryan
>
> PS- "h"-"atom" or "hate-'em" how is this format pronounced? :D

Also, I'd like to add a little not about this effort.

Though I wasn't around in the 'sphere at the time, the idea of using
XHTML for syndication has been batted around in the blogosphere
several times. The W3C even has a profile for syndication.

I'm pretty sure that David has covered most of the prior art in this
space, but I still think it would be worthwhile to cover prior
discussion of this topic. So, in lite of that, I've started compiling
the history, prior proposals and objections. I'll post it to the wiki
soon (probably at something like http://microformats.org/wiki/xhtml-
syn-history)

-ryan

--