[uf-discuss] RE: hReview in the Wild

Tim White tjameswhite at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 17:41:17 PDT 2005

Hello all,

>Brian said:
>FN comes from hCard...

Right, I did see that. At first I didn't know what it stood for;
then I tracked it to hCard and got confused since that refers to
people not products.

[I'm going to quote Ryan in reverse here for a moment:]
>Ryan said:
>So, FN is a way for you to put all the bits and piece of a *person's
name* together
[emphasis added]

That was how I interpreted hCard. I'm not, however, reviewing a person
but a book (or restaurant, as is the example in the wiki).

>Ryan said:
>"Formatted Name" is actually better.

OK, formatted name makes sense - it is the formatted name of product/
restaurant/CD/whatever. Thank you for that. Just wanted to make
sure I understood what I was implementing.

Now, to implement hCard for the reviewers' names, it would look like:

<a class="url fn"
href="http://reviews.gale.com/index.php/about-reviewers/john-lawrence/">
John Lawrence</a>, <abbr class="dtreviewed"
title="2005-10-01T13:37:17-04:00">October 2005</abbr></p>

Yes?

I think I'm getting the hang of things. Anything I'm missing or
implementing incorrectly?

Thanks for the input,

~ Tim