[uf-discuss] like that in xFolk?

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Wed Oct 26 19:17:13 PDT 2005

Well, seeing the term xFolk, my ears pricked up.

I think Tantek's example is good.  The nice thing about xFolk is that
it is value-free in some sense.  It provides a means of expressing
the tags you want.

Groups could agree to use a certain set of tags, perhaps just by
seeing each other do it.  We have an example of that here:

http://thecommunityengine.com/bit320/remix

But they don't have to and there can be factions, etc., all quite
natural in social interaction.

Bud