[uf-discuss] XFN and rel

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 23:14:44 PDT 2005

Hello,

On 10/26/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 10/26/05 3:32 PM, "Charles Iliya Krempeaux" <supercanadian at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > So wouldn't that then mean XFN is wrong too?
>
> Charles, I recommend reading the following two pages which may help explain
> this a bit more:
>
>  http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-faq
>
>  http://gmpg.org/xfn/faq

As I mentioned in another reply, I reread what I wrote and noticed
that I didn't explicitly say that my rel-xxx proposal was meant to
used in the context of URL's representing people, groups, and ideas.
(Which is why I brought up the XFN thing.)  But it is.  (And I should
have said it before explicitly.)

I want rel-xxx to be used without imposing an kind of "moral" or
"cultural" judgement. It is up to each person to decide what they
consider pornographic of not.  And up to each person (or their
parents) if they want to view it or not.  And also, it is up to other
people whether they want to trust that person's judgement or not.

I'm primarily interested in this in the context of distributed trust
metrics.  And currently applying this to IPTV.

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

     charles @ reptile.ca