[uf-discuss] Re: New Wiki Page: widget-brainstorming

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:04:59 PDT 2005

On 10/28/05, Shawn Carnell <ShawnCarnell at aol.com> wrote:
>  I'm one of Kevin's colleagues.  He's out today but i wanted to let you know
> that we've posted our widget specification proposal.  You can find it at
> http://dev.lawver.net/modulet/profile/.  I've also placed a

Some quick thoughts:

- You create rel="mail" and rel="author" for author information.  Why
not reuse hCard?
- You create rel="documentation".  Why not reuse rel="help" (one of
the link types defined in HTML:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-links )
- re: defaultWidth, minimumWidth, and allowMultiple.  Please don't
define camelCase attribute names.  I can tell you from bitter
experience working with syndicated feeds that it never lasts; you'll
end up with defaultwidth and minimumwidth in the wild within weeks, if
not days.  hCard uses "organization-name" and "organization-unit" for
class names that simply must be multiple words.  See
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-examples#3.5.5_ORG_Type_Definition
for example.

--
Cheers,