[uf-discuss] Re: [microformats-discuss] Fiction books microformats

Chris Hibbert chris at commerce.net
Mon Oct 31 12:28:08 PST 2005

> I have been working on the citation format[1]. [...]  The idea behind
> the format is to be used for citations, so at the end of a
> book/paper/article/etc when you reference other books you could use
> the citation microformat. The advantage to this microformat is that
> many of the same properties can describe "that object" as well as
> "this object". So there is a solid ground work for self-describing a
> fiction book.

In addition, I started down a path for making a case that "author" or
"creator" should be added to hreview.  When I review books on my blog,
the most glaring omission in the microformat markup is that the author
isn't annotated semantically.

These pages are the results of my poking around:

http://microformats.org/wiki/book-info-examples
http://microformats.org/wiki/reviews-formats

I think Julian is talking about marking up the work of fiction rather
than its review, but the identifying info ought to be common.

Chris
--
Chris Hibbert
(650)289-4054 (*changed*)