[microformats-discuss] hCard updates: RFC2426 examples converted to hCard examples, hcard-parsing ready for review.

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 8 17:35:32 PDT 2005

I have finished converting all the examples in RFC2426 (vCard) into their
hCard equivalents.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-examples

If you've been working on hCard content and/or apps, please take a look and
try out a few examples to see what you get.

I've also finished writing a draft of my original thoughts on parsing the
class-name based microformats, within the specific instance of hCard:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing

Nearly all of what is in there is already encapsulated in the X2V code (as a
result of Brian Suda turning my original thoughts, relayed by email/irc,
into XSLT), but I realized I needed to write down the explicit process in
order to make sure it was thorough / well-defined.

To some extent, I did the hcard-examples as a way of "testing" the
hcard-parsing document to see if it covered all the cases illustrated by the
RFC2426 examples (which are quite small).

In the process of both doing that conversion, and writing up the rules for
parsing hCards, I've uncovered two issues (frankly, I'm happy that I
uncovered *only* two issues).  I've written proposed resolutions for the two
issues as well.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing#ISSUE_1
 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing#ISSUE_2

Please take a look and provide feedback.  If there's consensus around the
proposed resolutions, I'll go ahead and update the hCard spec accordingly,
and Brian will update X2V as well.

Thanks,

Tantek