[microformats-discuss] microformat for messaging/chat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 15 15:22:57 PDT 2005

On 9/15/05 2:43 PM, "Kevin Marks" <kmarks at technorati.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Greg Elin wrote:
>
>> Greetings everyone,
>>
>> I've made pitch to Kevin Marks that messaging/chat deserves a
>> microformat because IRC, Chat, etc, are very much a part of
>> Internet-based communication, especially among developers. IM is
>> definitely mainstream, and IRC back channels are pretty common at
>> events and on conference calls.   I think we've all seen a block of
>> chat pasted into a wiki.
>
> Per the http://microformats.org/wiki/process I made a start on
> gathering examples here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/chat-examples

Thanks Kevin!

> do please add to them.

Yes, exactly.

Greg, what you posted would work very well as a section on that page.
Please feel encouraged to directly edit the wiki page and add the info.

> There is some potential overlap with other time-annotated lists her,
> such as chapter headings for podcasts, which have timestamps and
> comments.

IMHO think the "archive of (primarily) text-based chat" is a nice concrete
specific problem (see principles) that it deserves its own "as simple as
possible" solution.

Thanks,

Tantek