[microformats-discuss] hReview should include a way to specify Author

Chris Hibbert chris at commerce.net
Mon Sep 19 13:22:24 PDT 2005

I added this question to the FAQ, but no one has responded there, so
I'll ask the mailing list.

I've been formatting my book reviews (http://pancrit.org) using the
hReview microformat, but there hasn't been any obvious way to tag the
authors of the works.  I understand that hReview was trying to be more
general, and therefore to cover product reviews, movies, restaurants,
and so on, where there isn't an obvious author.  But I would have
thought that book reviews were an important enough subset that allowing
people to specify the author in a searchable way would be important.

How hard would it be to add an optional "author" tag?  What are the
arguments against adding this useful marker?

Chris
--
Chris Hibbert
Principal Investigator, Prediction Markets
chris.hibbert at commerce.net
http://zocalo.sourceforge.net/