[uf-discuss] Need for an MF styleguide

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 18:23:33 PDT 2006

Saw a discussion about XHTML styleguides...

I think we need something equally digestible for publishers... that
makes it super super simple to "get and apply" microformats... Tara
and I discussed this as a "Dummy's Guide" but I think a
"Practitioner's Guide" would be more valuable. Consider these
examples:

http://www.utexas.edu/visualguidelines/
http://www.nypl.org/styleguide/

We need something that a designer/web programmer can come to and leave
w/ 2 examples of each microformat that they can apply right away.

I know that we need execution, but I just wanted to put this on the table.

Chris