[uf-discuss] Re: Live Clipboard and uF escaping

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Apr 6 18:54:55 PDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Ryan Cannon wrote:

> Treating XHTML as HTML is losing all of the benefits of using
> XHTML, and
> theoretically opens you up to parsing errors. If you're going to
> use the HTML
> DOM, why not use HTML, instead of causing potential breakage and
> confusion
> in the future when browsers may (or may not) become more strict in
> their
> handling of these two different languages?

I haven't had those problems.  I have had the problems of not being
able to find an implementation of getElementsByClassName() that
worked on an XML node, and not being able to use the XML DOM on
content retrieved as text/html (e.g. almost everything on the web)
via XMLHttpRequest.  That's why I personally use the HTML DOM for
parsing microformats in JavaScript.

Peace,
Scott