[uf-discuss] Chat microformat/podcast transcript

Jude Robinson jude at dotcode.com
Wed Apr 12 18:45:20 PDT 2006

Christopher St John wrote:

> anything is possible :-)

Excellent. Heartwarming optimism :)

> the traditional advice at this point would be to
> start getting together a set of examples-in-the-wild
> of the sort of thing you're talking about, and let
> the examples guide the thinking...

What would it be interesting to see ... the way the podcast transcript
is represented in the XML, or the HTML (which is currently *horrible*,
and going to change soon)? Or both?

Would it be appropriate to add this to
http://microformats.org/wiki/chat-examples under a tentative "*might be
relevant to chat*" "podcast transcripts" heading?

> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/lists.html#h-10.3,
> yeah, i know, it actually says, right there in the
> 4.01 spec, that DL's might be used to mark up
> dialog, but dialog isn't a definition, is it? i
> don't like it. but that's just me.

I agree entirely. Think it very odd and reckon <cite> and
<q>/<blockquote> more appropriate. Don't understand the dl suggestion at
all.

<tangent>Would it be correct to use hCard for the people in a
transcript, or am I jumping the gun/plain wrong?</tangent>