[uf-discuss] Chat microformat/podcast transcript

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 04:48:12 PDT 2006

On 4/14/06, Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com> wrote:
> At least with DT and DD there's a clear correlation for the speaker
> with her/his words:

Chris, the one biiiiig problem I understand with DL for dialogue is
that it does not describe order. Or at least, that's the
interpretation/specification being put forward by the WHATWG in
WebApps 1.0[1] and goes so far as to explicitly note DL as being
inappropriate for mark-up.

Since chronology is vital to describing dialogue, Kevin Marks
OL+CITE+Q|BLOCKQUOTE example works much better for me. Appealingly it
also uses the same number of HTML elements as using the DL example.

[1] http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-dl

Ben