[uf-discuss] Chat microformat/podcast transcript

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Apr 19 14:02:37 PDT 2006

"Kevin Marks" wrote...
> Thats why you use a list:
> <ol>
> definitions.</q></li>
> quotations.</q></li>
> </ol>
>
> Which has a very nice default rendering.

Slap a date/time-design-pattern <abbr> in there and it would look pretty
simple.

One thing though, I use at least one chat program that has an option to
condense all contiguous messages from a single author together so that it
just displays the author once, but the timestamp of each message.  This is
continued until a message from a different author appears.  I assume this
feature exists in the small minority, but thought I would mention it just in
case.

Atamido