genealogy (was Re: life, death and address books (was Re: [uf-discuss] hCard and Life Dates?))

Timothy Gambell timothy.gambell at aya.yale.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:29:11 PDT 2006

Hi Tantek and Atamido,

I think genealogy is more about relationships (ie marriage, parent
child, etc) than individual biographies. A genealogy microformat, to
my way of thinking, would borrow more from XFN than hCard.

To deal with life dates and other biographical information (like,
gender, nationality, life events, etc) I think it would be more
elegant to have a separate biography format, based on hCard. A
biography format could serve as a building block for geneology,
citation, movie credits, etc.

Just my two cents. Your thoughts?

Tim.