[uf-discuss] Plazes, Part 2

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Fri Apr 21 11:28:36 PDT 2006

Pieter already addressed that, when he said:

>> (sadly, most apps only import the first URL element
>> and ignore following ones)

I believe the proper way to use these is to use URLs– its extensible
in the same space as URI protocols and requires zero invention by us.

Unfortunately, others (Apple *ahem*, Microsoft *ahem*), decided to
use experimental properties instead of URIs.

Experimental properties are fine and great for trying out new things,
but I wish they hadn't reinvented things.

-ryan