"uid" microformats? (was Re: [uf-discuss] ISBN mark-up)

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 25 14:56:42 PDT 2006

On 4/25/06 2:41 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <C0739614.6D4BA%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
> <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes
>>> I think the case for ISBN is no big difference from telephone number or
>>> zip code, etc.
>>
>> The average person knows, understands, and uses telephone numbers and
>> zip codes all the time. The same cannot be said about ISBN.
>
> Interesting assertion. Care to cite your evidence?

Any study showing use of phones (number of phones per househould, cellphones
per capita etc.) and postal mail demonstrates broad understanding of those
two.

ISBN?  I leave that David Letterman or whoever wants to make a funny video
asking people on the street what an ISBN is and how to use it.

Tantek