"uid" microformats? (was Re: [uf-discuss] ISBN mark-up)

Edward Summers ehs at pobox.com
Wed Apr 26 10:15:53 PDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> So I'd say that URLs should only be preferred where one is referring
> to a particular item whose canonical location is in fact on the web.
> E.g. when you have a web resource, use a URL. Otherwise, prefer a urn,
> and then perhaps other similar options such as info.

Definitely add this stuff to the wiki Bruce.

Since both URLs and URNs are URIs I would like to see UID *recommend*
that people use a URI. Perhaps this is dropping the barrier to entry
too low...but it seems to be keeping the spirit of RFC 2426 3.6.7.

OK, now I sound like a lawyer...where's my paycheck!

//Ed