[uf-discuss] Microformats for everyone!

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 05:34:00 PDT 2006

Agreed. In some ways, that's the kind of information that I want to
start compiling on the Practical Microformats wiki:
http://microformats.pbwiki.com. Though I intend for this information
to eventually be gathered on the main wiki, for now, having a separate
place to concentrate solely on this effort means that we can focus,
develop a better format for expressing this information as well as
talk in terms that are more friendly to regular web designers and
bloggers... folks who are familiar with HTML and can learn by example
-- even if at first they don't quite understand the microformat
concept deeply.

I'm currently working with Drew McClellan, Vera Horiuchi (who is an
instructional designer) and Tara Hunt (horsepigcow.com).

That doesn't mean that we're necessarily creating a WYSIWYG tool
ourselves (although I have some designs that I intend to mock up soon)
but it does create both the context and preconditions for other
parties to build these tools for us.

I invite you and anyone else who's interested in the this task in
barrelling through it between now and June 20, the 1-year anniversary
of Microformats -- where I would like to have compiled enough solid
information so that anyone -- with an iota of interest -- can come and
discover what the heck it is we're talking about -- and beyond that --
begin using our tools *immediately* to add microformats to whatever
project they're working on.

Sound good?

Chris