[uf-discuss] RE: microformats for groups and group memberships?

Eran limbo at actcom.co.il
Fri Aug 11 17:32:27 PDT 2006

Jim,

You may want to read about identity consolidation using XFN -
http://www.gmpg.org/xfn/and/ (I think that's the correct URL, someone please
correct me if there's a better resource). You can consolidate your various
pages by using XFN's rel=me links. So if the homepage (the main page
representing you or the group) links to a page that contains group
membership (or group members) using rel='me' things should still work just
fine.

Eran.

> the use of these tags would presumably relate members to the page they are
> on, but shouldn't something in any future format account for the fact that
> lists of members might appear in places aside from the actual group page
> (or
> vice versa, membership in groups listed somewhere aside from person's home
> page)?