[admin] Declaring end of thread (was Re: [uf-discuss] Commentsfrom IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:28:12 PST 2006

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> 3. Prefixing (e.g. "vcard-") has already been considered and
> rejected for microformats in general.  There have been
> deliberate exceptions made for one microformat (hAtom).  I'm
> not going to spend the time re-arguing this now - I have
> added an item to my to-do list on the wiki to better document this.

First, I didn't see this until a just little earlier today when I cleaned
out my Google spam box (6000+ spam messages and then all of your emails, for
some reason.)

Second and last, my comment to you based on your position RE:prefixes is
that it is just begging to have the Microformat community splintered for
lack of a viable solution to a real problem.  Maybe prefixes aren't the
answer, but I haven't heard an alternate presented.

Respectfully,

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/