[uf-discuss] Microformat versioning

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Wed Dec 13 04:26:37 PST 2006

On 12/13/06, Steve Marshall <steve at nascentguruism.com> wrote:
> This, to my mind, is sub-optimal: the version of the format in use
> isn't something most (if any) users care about and, ideally, shouldn't
> be required to be part of the content.

For Microformats that have an XMDP profile this is at least in part
solved, a page using hCard would, for instance, have the following:

Which clearly references a time-based version of the hCard profile.
Presumably if hCard is updated, then new profile URLs will be
established.

However because hListing is still a draft, there isn't a profile to
link to, so I don't know if there's a solution for you.  The status of
the draft format is so much in flux, it might not be practical to
start 'version numbering' them just yet anyhow.

-Ciaran