Non-visible microformats was [uf-discuss] Principles ofMicroformats?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 04:30:54 PST 2006

Benjamin West wrote:
> Without commenting on the rest, I'd just like to point out
> that the main reason for avoiding invisible meta data is
> because visible data is updated more often than invisible
> data.  Spam is secondary to this principle. This is a
> usability phenomenon, not a spam prevention measure.

That is only true when humans are doing the updating. It is not necessarily
true if the pages are generated from a database and the database is what
gets updated.

It also does not consider non-visible metadata that is created by apps such
as CMS, Wikis, Blogs, etc.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/