[uf-discuss] chat microformat next steps

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:30:17 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, Christopher St John <ckstjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> my suspicion is that the vast majority of chat logs published to the
> web are the plain-old-text kind. i've been having problems verifying
> that due to the difficulty of searching for markup, but i'm pretty sure
> it's true.

A number of other leads (sorry, don't have time to update the wiki ATM):

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/1648 for exporting iChat transcripts
http://www.unsanity.com/ctm (shareware) for "managing" (possibly
exporting) iChat
http://www.spiny.com/logorrhea/ can export iChat transcripts -- note
that AdiumX can import these Logorrhea-exported transcripts, per
http://www.adiumx.com/blog/archives/2003_11_01_archive.php
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/10/22/blackjack (one-off IRC
transcript I posted and marked up manually)
http://swhack.com/logs/ (IRC logs marked up in HTML and plain text)
http://jake.userland.com/gems/berkmanThuIRC-121103.html (IRC logs
marked up in HTML -- I vaguely recall that there was an associated XML
format for these, but I don't care enough about the people who created
it to investigate)

--
Cheers,
-Mark