[uf-discuss] be it resolved: irc chat logs deserve their ownmicroformat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 1 22:37:10 PST 2006

On 2/1/06 9:29 PM, "Paul Bryson" <paul at msn.com> wrote:

> This is probably a good time to mention again that NICKNAME should be added
> hCard as another alternate to FN and N for the required naming entry.  In
> this way, hCard could be reused for the name in chat and IRC conversations.

Indeed.

Paul, I wrote this up as a possibility on the hCard brainstorming page a
little while ago here:

<http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-brainstorming#Implied_.22FN_and_N.22_Opt
imization_.28proposal.29>

If you think this is a good idea, please go ahead and put a +1 with your
name or indicate any additional opinions you have on how a NICKNAME
shorthand would work for hCard.

> Also, enter/leave are used inside of non-irc conversations,

Precisely.

> but seemingly
> only in chat methods that allow more than two conversers.

Not true.  Adium for example records them for *all* conversations, even
those between just two people.

Thanks,

Tantek