[uf-discuss] hatom parsing question

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Mon Feb 6 08:25:04 PST 2006

Over the weekend I was looking at the feasibility of moving the default
textpattern template[1] over to hatom and I seem to have hit a snag (or
lack of understanding on my part.

At its simplest form, here's what the output of the basic posting code
looks like marked up with hatom:

http://placenamehere.com/temp/hatomtest.html

It contains the following header inside the post entry...

<h3><a href="http://127.0.0.1/index.php?id=7" rel="bookmark"
class="headline">Test Post</a> &#183; <abbr class="published"
title="2006-02-05T17:03:32-0800">a few seconds ago</abbr> by <span
class="author">Chris</span></h3>

When i run that though the the Almost Universal Parser[2] it seems to
pick up both the published date as well as the author values, but the
title it is outputting for the post is the full text of the <h3>
element:

Test Post · a few seconds ago by Chris

Is this parser error, some clash between the spec and markup used by
this template? Is there a remedy that doesn't involve completely
changing the semantics of the original template?

[1] the default txp code/template can be seen here:
http://textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Default_Forms#default
[2]
http://www.trinityanne.com/tools/extract/?
uri=http%3A%2F%2Fplacenamehere.com%2Ftemp%2Fhatomtest.html&microformat=h
atom&submit=Submit

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]