[uf-discuss] Massive use of hCard - need validation and discussion

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Fri Feb 10 13:29:35 PST 2006

"Ian Hickson" <ian at hixie.ch> wrote...
> Is there really any point in hcarding things that have no contact
> information? I'm skeptical that the markup above would be useful to
> anyone. Ever. :-)

It is possible that with the proliferation of hCards that search indexes
like Google will take special care when parsing these.  For instance,
knowing that this blog contains information about a person named "Valerie
Plame" that works for the "CIA" offers much more context than simply knowing
that "valerie, plame, and cia" all occur on a page.

Useful right now?  No.  Useful in the future?  Possibly.  Harmful? No.

Atamido