[uf-discuss] Re: Microformats for scientific papers

Alf Eaton lists at hubmed.org
Sun Feb 19 17:56:58 PST 2006

On 19 Feb 2006, at 20:29, Scott Reynen wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Alf Eaton wrote:
>
>> Great! I hadn't realised it worked that way, so you can just use
>> #ref1 to link to the <li id="ref1">. Do all browsers handle that
>> properly?
>
> Not all, but enough that there's little reason not to follow the spec:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/doc/idtest.html

Good - I've changed the page to work this way, and to use classes as
Ryan Cannon suggested. I've also moved the ids from the headers onto
their containing divs, which seems to make more sense (though it does
mean you can only link to a heading if it's at the start of a new
div, which they all should be).

alf.