[uf-discuss] hAtom suggestions
rbach at rbach.priv.at
Sat Feb 25 09:15:21 PST 2006
"[A]ny microformat content inside a <blockquote> or <cite> element
within the Entry is should not be considered part of the Entry."
I think this should also apply to <q>, since <q> is very similar to
"[I]f the Entry Permalink is missing, use the URI of the page"
IMO this should be changed to
* If the Entry Permalink is missing, the URI of the page is used.
* If the Entry element has an ID attribute it will be append to the
So the permanent link for
<div class="hentry" id="bar">
</div> <!-- found on http://example.com/foo.html -->
would be <http://example.com/foo.html#bar>.
Currently there's no way to specify the feed title.
Here's my proposal:
===== Feed Title =====
* a Feed Title element is identified by the class name
* a Feed SHOULD have a Feed Title
* a Feed Title element represents the concept of an atom feed title
* if the Entry Title is missing, use
** the first <h#> element in the Feed (which isn't inside of an Entry),
** the nearest in parent <h#> element, or
** the page's title
Could we have a Feed permalink similar to an Entry Permalink?
Here's my proposal:
===== Feed Permalink =====
* a Feed Permalink element is identified by [[rel-bookmark]]
* a Feed SHOULD have a Feed Permalink
* a Feed Permalink element represents the concept of an
atom link in a feed
* If the Feed Permalink is missing, the URI of the page is used.
* If the Feed element has an ID attribute it will be append to the
rel-tag and categories
How should rel-tag's be mapped to Atom categories?
Someone suggested that
should be mapped to
An other way would be
I think we should create a page similar to "hcard-parsing" for hAtom.
I noticed there's already a page named "hatom-hints" which has seems to
have the same purpose. Maybe it should be renamed to "hatom-parsing"?
Robert Bachmann <rbach at rbach.priv.at> (OpenPGP KeyID: 0x4A5CCF10)
More information about the microformats-discuss