[uf-discuss] Wordpress hReview Raiting help: Need help in changing the integer values

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Jan 14 11:45:17 PST 2006

Welcome to the list sfam!

On 1/14/06 10:34 AM, "sfam at cyberpunkreview.com" <sfam at cyberpunkreview.com>
wrote:

> I have integrated the hReview structured blogging microformat into my
> blog. I am only using the hReview for movie reviews, but I find the 5 star
> rating constaining. Preferably, I would like to have half stars as well to
> allow a rating of 3.5 stars, for instance.

Per discussion among the authors, hReview 0.3 will be allowing a single
decimal digit of precision in ratings to reflect the 80/20 of how people
(and sites) rate things.  It's a bit buried, but this is noted in the
feedback page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview-feedback

So, it's coming, as soon as I can edit an hReview 0.3 draft.

> But I certainly can accept a
> 1-10 rated scale.

That is currently possible in hReview using the "best" property inside the
rating to set a best value of 10 (since the default worst is 1, there is no
reason to set it explicitly).

Hope that helps!

Tantek