[uf-discuss] User Profile Microformat

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Mon Jan 16 11:50:47 PST 2006

On Dec 30, 2005, at 12:44 PM, Kevin Lawver wrote:

> I was looking at hCard today (and around the web) looking for ideas
> around a user profile microformat.   I went looking for existing
> schema, and honestly didn't find a whole lot.  There's PIDF[1], but
> it's for presence.  There's hCard, but it doesn't hold all the
> things you see in social networking sites' profiles (interests,
> favorites, marital status, looking for, personal descriptions,
> etc).  Some of those things (interests and favorites especially)
> could be accomplished with attentionxml, but there doesn't seem to
> be anything about profiles (or a page on the wiki for that matter).
>
> Is there any interest from the list?

I'd be interested. I have a lot of user profiles all over the place
and it'd be nice to be able to extract those.

If you're interested in developing a microformat for this purpose,
remember that before investigating existing formats, we need to
investigate real examples from the web of user profiles being
published. There'd be a plethora of examples, I'm sure.

> Also, our site showing off our module (widget) microformat should
> be launching next week.  I'll send the url to the list when it does.

Is this out yet?

-ryan
--
Ryan King