[uf-discuss] citation microformat?

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 17 21:21:50 PST 2006

On 1/17/06 9:02 PM, "Mark Rickerby" <maetl at mcs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> There's quite a lot of good information about bibliographic formats on the
> wiki:
>
> http://www.microformats.org/wiki/cite-formats
>
> One prominent vocabulary that I didn't see noted is:
>
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/bibliography.html

Ah, thanks for adding that to the cite-formats page Mark!

Reading over some of these, I am astounded by the level of complexity and
overdesign.  Truly a microcosm of ocean-boiling.  Who knew you could make a
citation so complicated?

Nonetheless, they should provide good material for harvesting for a simple
80/20 cite microformat based on actual examples published on the Web.

Thanks,

Tantek