[uf-discuss] hReview aggregate ratings (was Re: hReview feedback)

John Panzer jpanzer at aol.net
Wed Jan 18 23:47:32 PST 2006

Ryan King wrote:

> .... Its those individual votes which are  candidates for hreview, not
> the aggregate data.

Going off on a tangent from this point:  Why not?

I can identify some use cases where aggregate ratings data is published
on web pages
(http://www.google.com/reviews?cid=ba601666fe1a2e79&oi=showtimes&fq=star+wars,
http://webcenter.polls.aol.com/poll?view=69043&pollId=69096 just to pick
two completely at random).  What microformat should I use to make this
data more easily accessible?

Seems to me that hReview is an appropriate starting point -- though it
would certainly need fractional values and also some way to indicate
weighting (something like "Based on <span class="weight">131</span>
reviews").

Of course it's late and perhaps this is obviously nuts in some way.
Please let me know.

--
John Panzer
Sr Technical Manager, AOL