[uf-discuss] Versioned Documents

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 30 12:06:52 PST 2006

Tim and Shawn,

It sounds like you definitely have a bunch of good experience and thoughts
about versioned documents.

Consider starting some pages on the wiki to keep track of this info/research
so we can see if it makes sense to develop it into a microformat.

E.g. start with:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/versioned-document-examples

And document a few actual URLs of versioned documents that you have found on
the Web, along with the implied schemas that each embodies (i.e. the subset
of what you wrote below that applies to each example).

Next, if you know of formats for versioned documents (perhaps like SSE?),
document them on a formats wiki page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/versioned-document-formats

And finally, preferably drawing from the aggregate of the examples and
analysis above, start a brainstorming page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/versioned-document-brainstorming

wherein you list what you think the 80/20 of common characteristics of
versioned documents are (i.e. what you wrote below, but based on the
examples you documented on the *-examples page).

Looking forward to seeing what you find.

Thanks,

Tantek