[uf-discuss] rel-tag: Sorry, I'm confused as to what it means

Lee Amosslee lee at shopinberkeley.com
Tue Jul 11 08:34:54 PDT 2006

Greetings,

I've read all the FAQ pages, and maybe I'm just being dense, but can
someone explain to me the difference between a hyperlink that should
include rel-tag and one that *shouldn't* include one?

The microformats wiki states:
> By adding |rel="tag"| to a hyperlink, a page indicates that the
> destination of that hyperlink is an author-designated "tag" (or
> keyword/subject) of the current page.
and

> rel="tag" is specifically designed for "tagging" content, typically
> web pages (or portions thereof, like blog posts).
>
> rel="tag" is NOT designed for "tagging" arbitrary URLs or external
> content.
So, if I apply rel-tag, am I saying that this is an important link?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

--

Lee Amosslee