[uf-discuss] Microformats are being discussed on Slashdot

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Tue Jul 11 17:51:36 PDT 2006

Microformats are being discussed on Slashdot [1] in regards to an IBM
Developer Works article [2]. To editorialize briefly, the comments are
about the level of quality you'd expect on /. for the last couple of years:

 >> On the other hand, this is kindof like the PDF format, with text as
text.
 >> So, you're mixing HTML with a tag. Again, SO WHAT?
 >> I'm sure the LISP community would love to hear about this brand-new idea
 >> So now why is this "vevent" class special, and who decided it would
be "vevent" and not "scheduledevent" or "calendarevent" or
"microsoftcalendarhassomethingforyoutodotoday"?
 >> completly unnecessary and nothing more than an ugly hack?

Regards, etc...

[1] http://tinyurl.com/eg5tp
[2] http://tinyurl.com/eebnr