[uf-discuss] Is the world ready for head[profile]?

David Osolkowski qidydl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:05:20 PDT 2006

Ryan,

The XMDP formats are not in any way intended to be specs or to capture
the entirety of a specification.  Thus, I wouldn't consider them to be
drafts.  I would assume they are written in encoded HTML to be
human-readable, and because HTML is already a widely-deployed
standard.

You are welcome to create an XMDP for the various rel values on your
site.  I can't fathom how this would create any problems.  In fact, it
is more likely to disambiguate things by having those rel values
defined in your own XMDP, rather than leaving them open to
interpretation.  You're the one using those rel values, you know what
you mean by them; why leave it to a standards body to guess?

- David