[uf-discuss] "Must Ignore vs. Microformats"

Jesse Rodgers jrrodgers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 09:14:26 PDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Frances Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://cafe.elharo.com/xml/must-ignore-vs-microformats
>
> A friend of mine showed me this today.  Macroformats, over Microformats.

After struggling through the advanced parts of XSLT in my course
module I would say the answer is that the world doesn't get XSLT but
they do sorta get CSS. XSLT is cool... really cool... but it's not
easy. Granted Adobe has made some basic efforts with Dreamweaver 8 --
you can do some decent and relatively basic stuff with XSLT.

I always thought microformats was semantics for everyone and it
doesn't require that you rebuild your sites. XML/XSL applied to your
web site would require a lot more work... but sure it would achieve
the same thing.

Jesse