[uf-discuss] Currency microformat

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jul 19 19:05:13 PDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Michael Leikam wrote:

> I wasn't aware that we had collectively settled on a
> problem definition or had moved on to solving anything.  If
> I've missed the cutoff, please consider my comments and
> suggestions as late brainstorming.
>
> I for one am interested in how to clearly mark up "6
> shillings" or "5 dollars" when the author means "in 1836"
> or "in 1905."

I'm just reiterating the first two microformats principles [1]:

# solve a specific problem
# start as simple as possible

Regardless of how interested we may be in a complex problem, simple
problems still need to be solved first.

On Jul 19, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> Google finds:
>
>         about 58,500 for "worth" "in modern terms".

Great.  You could start documenting those, and find common patterns.
But I predict one of those common patterns will be the use of
currency, so you'll need to solve that problem first.

[1] http://microformats.org/about/

Peace,
Scott