[uf-discuss] reconciling conflicting details

Michael Leikam leikam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 18:06:46 PDT 2006

Is this the thread you had in mind?
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-July/004620.html

Yes, you can use url+fragment to reference an event on
another page and assert updated information based on
publication timestamps, but that depends on
the original author using pub'd/modified dates and the
subsequent author knowing about the prior publication of
the event.  If people expect it, distributed collaboration
seems possible.  That's not what I expect to find when I
start aggregating pages.

Having crawled four pages, what I want to know is whether
there is one event today that's published four times or
four events, each of which is published once?

And UIDs don't address the case where somebody asserts an
update to an event that contains innacurate information.
Do you trust that all updates are valid?

-ml