[uf-discuss] Easy book citations

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 31 06:44:18 PDT 2006

I think one of the stumbling blocks we're having here is trying to
figure out what we're really using citations for.

1)  There's obviously a group that wants this data to be used with
bibliographic management software
2)  There's a group that wants these citations to be able to link to
fulltext/print/etc. for any person's library
3)  There's a group (I think?) that wants to be able to display
properly formatted citations (or, at least more properly).

Are we leaving a scenario out?

#3 seems the most complicated.  If the goals of #1 are met, then #2
will most likely be met, as well (although not necessarily the
reverse).

Does this seem accurate?

-Ross.