[uf-discuss] Easy book citations

John Allsopp john at westciv.com
Mon Jul 31 16:32:03 PDT 2006

Ross,

> I think one of the stumbling blocks we're having here is trying to
> figure out what we're really using citations for.

> Are we leaving a scenario out?

I have a lot of interest shown by Australian government developers -
basically every one I mention ufs to independently says "a format for
citations would be great". What they need is for is that any time a
government publication refers to any other publication (a site, a
book, a pamphlet on immunisation, a poster on healthy diets,
whatever) they have to cite it. But of course there is no citation
format.

I actually am planning a developer day in the next month or so for
government web developers to introduce the ideas and take a good long
look at hCite from the perspective of the uf principles.

I actually think a reasonably minimal set of properties would suffice
for their needs, but hope to find out first hand soon.

BTW, any Australian, particularly Canberra based (I'm in Sydney but
the interest is federal government developers) people, but really
anyone keen to meetup in either place and or chat more on this,
please drop me a line

john