[uf-discuss] More Microformats Browser UI

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jun 21 21:42:38 PDT 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 8:29 PM, Chris Messina wrote:

> So, here's a challenge: what kind of solutions can we come up with
> that are single click only?

I just made this Greasemonkey script yesterday:

http://greasemonkey.makedatamakesense.com/callto_tel/

It wraps TEL numbers in hcards with callto: links, which can be used
to open phone calls in VOIP applications like Skype or Vonage (I've
only tested with Skype on OSX).  It has several known bugs, including
merging multiple VALs within the same TEL, being totally ignorant of
non-American phone number formats (because I don't know much about
non-US phone number formats, nor how VOIP applications handle them),
and not checking to see what tag the TEL is in and potentially
wrapping a link around something it can't go around in valid XHTML.

But it is, nonetheless, a one-click interface for hcards, as
requested above.  And as far as my searching found, VOIP is a
previously unexplored interface for hcards.

Peace,
Scott