[uf-discuss] hreview item question

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Mon Jun 26 09:39:09 PDT 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> On 6/26/06 9:07 AM, "Chris Casciano" <chris at placenamehere.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 25, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Ryan King wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> -ryan

>> More random questions on this....
>>
>> what does a parser do if there happens to be another vcard inside the
>>
>> I can totally envision something written like ...

>> Description+Item: *Technorati* has been doing great things lately
>> helped by great people like *Ryan King*.
>
> Take the first one as *the* one.
>
> In general that is the parsing rule for microformats where a singleton
> is
> required (e.g. single "FN" property).  If you find more than one
> instance
> where you were expecting only one, just use the first instance found.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tantek

That doesn't seem particularly intelligent... or easy to understand for
authors... why should wone of these be correct and the other incorrect
/ impossible to write?

>> Description+Item: *Technorati* has been doing great things lately
>> helped by great people like *Ryan King*.

vs.

>> Description+Item: *Ryan* and *Tantek* are among the many people
>> making *Technorati* into a great company.

*wonders how far all this flattery will get him*

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]