[uf-discuss] Product Data Microformat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Mar 5 22:10:50 PST 2006

On 3/5/06 6:08 PM, "David Beach" <beach at itsbeach.com> wrote:

> I think XML could be sufficient. But if it is, then why hasn't any of
> this been done?

Indeed, it's been tried, but more with idealistic formats that attempt to
capture all information about something, rather than empirically based 80/20
formats that only attempt to capture *most* of the information people are
already publishing.  This really gets at the heart of how microformats are
different from traditional format efforts.

> I'm going to ETech this week. If any of you all are going to be
> there, it would be interesting to meet up and discuss.

David,

I'm going to be there as are several other microformats folks, especially
for the microformats panel on Tuesday.

Take a look at the page on our wiki for the event:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/events/2006-03-07-etech-microformats

and add yourself to the "Attending" section.

Hope to see you here!

Thanks,

Tantek