[uf-discuss] Licensing and microformat content within feeds

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:51:33 PST 2006

Feedburner already allows you to embed a license in your feed. We
should document their approach.

I think feeds already allow you to embed a license generally:

  http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-extatom2.html
  http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-snell-atompub-feed-license/

One other idea to consider for hAtom at least would be embedding a
license using the object tag -- this way you could simply refer to the
external license permalink and not replicate all the extra data (which
seems to me one of the shortcomings of the current licensing
implementation).

http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-February/003147.html

Anyway, I might be missing the point of your question -- what are you
looking for?

Chris