[uf-discuss] Plants Microformat

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Mar 24 11:45:38 PST 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> What do you mean by "plants"? Garden plants? Plants as studied by
> botanists? Plant-material, such as cut flowers, or planks of timber?

Is there really any ambiguity here?  The former two are the same
thing, no?  Does a plant become something different depending on
whether it is in a garden or being studied by a botanist?  It still
has the same latin name, water needs, sunlight needs, etc.  And I
think it's obvious from the wiki page that planks of timber are
outside the scope here.  Do we need to clarify that we're not talking
about plastic plants or photos of plants also?

Peace,
Scott