[uf-discuss] Plants Microformat

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Fri Mar 24 12:07:07 PST 2006

"Breton Blake Slivka" wrote...
> However, a species classification microformat would fit right in with the
> other broadly applicable microformats on microformats.org.

Indeed.  Creating a more generalized microformat, that can be specifically
applied to plants, seems like a pretty good idea.  This would allow for
easier reuse of the format (in the same way that hCard is getting heavily
reused).

Of course, all of the examples are specific to plants, so using existing
work here would result in something heavily plant biased.  And, as Scott
pointed out, his goals do fit with microformat's principles.

I think the best we could hope for is carefully selecting classes and
structures for plants, that could most easily be translated to other classes
of life.

Atamido